Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
What Do I Do After A Fire?
Knowing what steps to take after a fire can be very difficult, especially if you have never experienced a fire loss prior. Our team urges our local Boca Raton community to keep us in mind. When it comes to fire damage cleanup and restoration, it is important to start as quickly as possible. Our team offers our services at all hours of the day, 365 days a year. No matter what, our team is always available to help!
Take a minute to review our Fire Damage Tips down below to learn more about the do's and don'ts after a fire!
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (954) 596-2208
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.