“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
If a company is promising to remove the mold from your home, you may want to double check that company's credentials. Mold spores are floating in the air and on every surface, both indoors and outdoors. Something as small, naturally occurring and found everywhere as mold would be hard to completely and totally remove all mold from your home. While the thought of mold being around you right now can be overwhelming, mold remediation is very possible. The remediation process contains the mold damage in your home, mitigating any additional damage or issues. SERVPRO of Deerfield Beach has the training and crew to help with any of your mold damage needs.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (954) 596-2208
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (954) 596-2208
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Deerfield Beach is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: